At McPhillips we’re pleased to be starting work on the Shifnal Town Centre Improvement Scheme following award of the project by Shropshire Council.
Our work in Shifnal will enhance the existing infrastructure and public realm by improving – and in some areas reducing – traffic flow, and creating a more pedestrian-friendly area that can be used for community events and to support local businesses. Key activities will include:
- Realigning and improving capacity at key town centre road junctions.
- Road resurfacing and 20mph limit in the town centre.
- Improving levels and widths of footway surfaces.
- Hard and soft landscaping.
- Tree planting.
- Improved town centre materials and colour palette.
- Improved street furniture, cycling provision and walking routes.