We recently completed work on an extension to the Makita UK complex at Hortonwood in Telford, a project which featured the construction of a standalone high-bay warehouse unit.
As part of our works, we also…
· Created a link building between the new & existing warehouse.
· Cast a 250mm thick reinforced, power floated concrete floor slab.
· Installed electrically operated section doors.
· Installed manual personnel fire exit doors.
To help streamline the client’s delivery process we constructed a full dock-leveller system, meaning loads can be moved in or out of delivery vehicles in a single horizontal movement – which is more stable and therefore safer.
A big part of the project was the installation of high-level lighting and a fire detection system. A number of other small electrical features (including external lighting) were also carried out to client instruction as the project progressed.
· Constructed a reinforced blockwork retaining wall,
· Cast concrete yard sections to tie in with the existing yard
· Laid a tarmac footpath to the perimeter of the building.
All in all, a comprehensive schedule of works, and we’re pleased to report that the project was finished on-programme and within budget.