McPhillips is pleased to have been awarded the £5.5m Iron Lane Junction Improvements scheme in Stechford by Birmingham City Council under Lot 4 of the Council’s Highways and Infrastructure Works Framework.
This 18 month project involves:
- Widening of Station Road (between Burney Lane and Flaxley Road) to dual carriageway, including a new road bridge structure over the River Cole to allow for a dual carriageway section between Burney Lane Roundabout and new gyratory at the junction of Flaxley Road/Iron Lane/Station Road.
- Modifications to Burney Lane/Stechford Lane/Station Road roundabout including new dedicated slip lane from Stechford Lane to Station Road.
- Replacement of the existing signal controlled gyratory system at Station Road/Flaxley Road/Iron Lane with two new roundabout junctions.
- New shared use and segregated cycle footways.
- Five new pedestrian/cycle (Toucan) crossings and relocation and upgrading to a Toucan of an existing pedestrian crossing.
- Provision to allow for a left turn into Stechford Road from Stechford Lane.
- A new access to proposed development land.
- A one way slip road from Albert Road onto Station Road (northbound), creation of a parking bay outside properties 51 to 61 Station Road and a service road for properties 16 to 30 Flaxley Road.
- Revised bus stop locations and a new bus stop on Station Road opposite the Stechford Retail Park.
Significant utilities diversions are due to take place when works begin in March 2019 and our activities will be carried out mitigating disruption to local traffic, residents and businesses.